Monday, November 10, 2003

I dub thee Lucy

I picked up my car this weekend, and spent just about the whole time driving (or more accurately, "riding") around the city. Still unsure with the whole manual transmission thing, I need a little refresher course before I tackle the city's big hills. "Refresher" might be an optimistic word. The last time I drove stick, I was 16 and the car went into the shop the next day. Kathleen has stepped up to the challenge, though, and has been my own personal chauffeur and driving instructor. Paul, Chris and Jane have also offered their expertise.

So yes, I bought a car I really don't know how to drive. I've never been one to name cars - in fact, I think the whole naming a car thing is really kind of stupid - but then I reasoned that while this is the third car I've owned, it's the first I've bought and paid for myself so the sense of ownership is magnified about 10,000 times. That deserves a name. I call her Lucy and I love her.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Hunger Games Inspired Jewelry said...

I know what you mean about driving a stick--I nearly stripped the gears in my friend's Hyundai Elantra before I learned how to do it!

Effie at hunger games inspired jewelry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home