Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Reasons why I am happy today

1) I finished a plan for work that I've been struggling with for the past few days. I feel good about the final product, and my boss had very high praise for it. I struggled with it most of the day, but I was filled with immense relief and sense of accomplishment as soon as I pressed the "send" button.

2) My company is doing some pro-bono work for an organization that's working towards a very good cause. Our task: Help reshape the world dialogue on the International AIDS pandemic. Nothing like a challenge, right? Obviously doing this kind of work is depressing - the research I did over the past few days quite often had me on the verge of tears, but on a selfish note, I feel very personally fulfilled to be helping put some muscle behind such a good cause. Stay tuned for more details.

3) I talked to one of my very best friends in the world today for the first time in awhile. She helped put some things in perspective. She knows my past, my habits, and my patterns, so she is able to offer the type of third party advice that people out here who I have only known for a few months can't. Also, articulating some things that have been rattling around inside my head helped me to realize that I had a few things completely backwards. My new sense of clarity has led to giddiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home