Friday, October 24, 2003

feeling inspired by people

Since moving to San Francisco about a year and a half ago, I've met a lot of great and wonderful people. A few I know really well, but most I know only as acquaintances or as friends of friends. There are some people that despite the fact that I've only spent a limited time with them, it's obvious every time I see them what a truly wonderful and authentic person he/she is. I feel that way about Kat Hunter, and though I haven't seen her in weeks, reading her blog today reminded why everyone I know absolutely adores her. I hope she doesn't mind the unabashed praise - I just think she's one of those people who deserves good things.

On a note somewhat related to Kat's recent plans to join Casa, my friend Justin founded a non-profit group when we were in college together. AFC mentoring pairs children in foster care/adopted families with mentors who have gone through similar experiences. It's an issue that hits a little close to home for me*, so I would encourage anyone interested to help out. From a mentoring perspective, only relevant to people who live in the Boston area, but anyone can donate money.

*In response to inquiries and to avoid confusion, no I am not adopted. Why does the issue hit close to home: it's a long story, and if we're friends you probably already know. If not, feel free to ask, but I'm not going to write it out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home