Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Blunder en espanol

I work above a deli where everyone speaks Spanish. We get along famously, and every morning, they humor me as I try to order in Spanish. I've got a few things mastered (and by mastered, I mean that they understand me, not that I'm actually right): Bagel con queso crema, una frutas pequenas, and a few others.

Today I ordered an english muffin with peanut butter. When trying to say "peanut butter" (which is literally translated as la mantequilla de cacahuete) I said "la mantequilla de cajones." Recognizing my mistake immediately, I turned a deep shade of rojo. Carlos laughed for a good ten minutes. I might have to go get breakfast somewhere else tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! But i don't think you will need to go get breakfast in another place!lol it happens,even more vice-versa. I am sure they appreciate you are trying to communicate with them, that is admirable, really!But it was a funny!

Well, blessings in Christ!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home