Thursday, September 18, 2003

What's going on?

Bush finally admits to the world that there's no connection between the 9/11 attacks and Iraq. (Glad he cleared that up, as apparently, 70% of Americans are idiots who jump to conclusions without any sort of evidence). Sen. Kennedy, in the understatement of the year, says Bush's foreign policy is "adrift." Blix is going around telling everyone that Iraq's weapons were destroyed a decade ago.

Still, this article [via Hillary] has me wondering what difference the pretenses make. I just don't know. I can't weed out the bullshit from the reality, and there's not a single trustworthy source on the matter to help me shape a solid opinion.

Update 9/19: Not sure if Hillary even saw my post yesterday, but her entry today that recaps some comments from people I don't know touches on exactly the type of issues I struggle with. I'm firmly against all of the BS reasons the Bush administration threw our way to justify invading Iraq, and I disagree with the cowboy attitude and methodologies that alienated most of the world, but in the end, it was done and there should be some good to come out of it. I wish I had a bit more confidence in the global leaders to ensure that would be the case...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home