Friday, August 29, 2003

Traveling Pauper

The next few months look like they're going to be filled with great adventures, that while wonderful, will leave me penniless. On the horizon:

- As mentioned, today I leave for LA. Partying with old college friends is always expensive, but always worth it.

- a mid-October trip to Switzerland and Ireland. This one is work related and still tentative, but should be amazing. After a big conference in Switzerland, I've been promised a tour of the Irish whiskey factories. We'll see about that one...

- Jee and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November, the week after Thanksgiving. She found a great deal on a surf camp, which includes five lessons, day trips, food, etc. I can't wait. I've got the ok to take the time off from work; now I just need to secure a plane ticket (by "secure," I mean mooch frequent flier miles off of my parents. An early Christmas present).

- Christmas back east. Perhaps Vermont, perhaps Nantucket, perhaps Florida. This one is all up to my folks. Nantucket would be nice, as several of my oldest friends will be on island, at least for a day or two.

- Super Bowl Sunday: Tahoe. Every year my softball team and several of their closest friends rent a huge house in Tahoe, complete with hot tubs and pool tables. Last year I couldn't go because I had a work trip in Philadelphia (which happened to be the coldest weekend of the year). I spent the evening watching librarians break dance. This year, I'm going no matter what.

I'm resigning myself now to the fact that I will be broke until spring, but at least I will be well traveled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home