Monday, August 04, 2003

Jet-lagged

The wedding was great fun, with many pictures to be posted soon. It was sad getting on the plane to leave. Sometimes I wish SF was on the east coast.

Finished The Nanny Diaries on the plane. We sat on the tarmac for two hours due to severe thunderstorms somewhere in the US. Ample time for reading (you know, in addition to the 6 hour flight). The book was fine, but not great and certainly not worth all of the hype. Plus, they make fun of my home town for about 20 pages. My Nantucket pride took offense. Nantucket is really quite charming if you can get through the hordes of overly pampered NY and CT socialites. I started Secret Life of Bees on the way back, and thus far, it's significantly better.

I need a nap...or twelve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home