Friday, August 29, 2003

Happy Birthday, Kristen

Today is my sister's birthday. I wish I had a picture to post. We look a lot alike.

Like Kevin, there's a big age difference between me and my siblings (they're 7 and 9 years older than me). My sister left for college when I was nine. Needless to say, in the preceding years, we had very little in common, so it's really only been over the last 10 years that we've gotten to know each other. It's funny to think about how the dynamic of our relationship has changed over the years: from mere acquaintances in my younger years, to a more big sister/little sister dynamic when she returned home after college (I was about 14). As I started to get a bit older, we became friends (I spent just as many Saturday nights with her, her husband and their friends in high school as I did with my own friends) and she's still the person I spend the most time with when I go home. I think my relationship with my sister is probably the number one reason most of my friends here are closer to her age than to my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home