Friday, August 22, 2003

14 months is too long...

I haven't seen my best friend from college in over a year, a situation that is being rectified this weekend. She and her boyfriend arrive tomorrow morning and are staying through the weekend before heading down to LA. Next weekend, I'm flying down to meet up with them and our third roommate from college.

It's the first time we've all seen each other in a very long time, and there's nothing that even compares to when the three of us get together. When newcomers join us for an evening on the town, they get lost in the language that we speak, the verbal shorthand and the fact that we often have entire conversations in movie quotes. Our history together is rich and deep, and while I love everyone I've met in San Francisco, that's the one thing that's kind of missing (purely for logisitical reasons. friendship like that takes time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home