Thursday, July 24, 2003

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will.

In a nutshell, that describes my morning from the second I woke up until the second I walked into the office. Overslept, missed a train, pushed my way onto the crowded next train, like an idiot got off one stop too late, backtracked a few blocks in uncomfortable shoes, walked into Moscone West instead of North or South or wherever the meeting I was supposed to be attending was, finally gave up and headed to the office for a nice long day of work. Fortunately, my day has taken a decided turn for the better. There was a really great column in today's Boston Globe about my friends over at Sonus Networks, which was nice to see. Granted, most people don't find telecom equipment all that exciting, but what Sonus is doing is actually pretty cool (in a very geeky kind of way).

In other news...

Great dinner at Papalote Mexican Grill on Valencia - cheap and great refried black beans. mmmm. Last night's show at the Voodoo Lounge was good, and I definitely could see myself getting wrapped up in a love for string band music. I particularly enjoyed a cover of Paul Simon's Gumboots, which is a great song (and Paul Simon is one of my all-time favorite singer/songwriters). I also really liked the atmosphere of the Voodoo Lounge, despite the surrounding neighborhood, the freaky skull and cross bones logo (which is also the inspiration for the "she paid admission" hand stamp that hasn't come off yet despite several scrubbings), and the kids who heckled us on the way out of the bar.

Jane joined us around 11:00, though she wasn't exactly in a bluegrass kind of mood due to current roommate problems. I was glad I had already left the house when that whole issue came to a head -- I have vowed to be Switzerland in that showdown.

And up tonight...

The Shitones, maybe. Or, home early, cleaning and then sleep. That is about equally as appealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home