Friday, July 11, 2003

Insights from J.M. O'Hara

Was telling an associate (who grew up in Belfast) that at long last I saw Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle and thought of him because the bad guy, Seamus O'Grady, is from the Irish mafia. This, coupled with his constant insistence that I watch The Commitments, supports his belief that the Irish are among the most bad-ass population on earth. He summarized his world view as this: "God invented alcohol to prevent the Irish from taking over the world." He's swell.

As for the movie itself: I loved it. Unequivocally. Start to finish - from bad blue screens to unrealistic kung fu chops, I loved it all. Probably one of the most fun movies I've seen in the theater in a long time.

The first thirty minutes sort of feel like you're watching a video game - which would normally bug the bejeezus out of me, but c'mon, it's Charlie Angels! I used to live for the reruns of the original show when I was a kid. Also related to the original show, looks like Sony Pictures is in a bit of trouble with Robert Wagner over rights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home